Science Fiction Film and Television (http://liverpool.metapress.com/content/121631/) is seeking articles for a special issue in on world sf cinema and television.
Although excluding the US from discussions of world cinema and television creates a problematic opposition(ality), we are seeking critical work on sf from other national/transnational, and especially non-Anglophone, contexts, both historical and contemporary.
into specific national cinemas/televisions, or which reconceptualises sf by relativising US/First Cinema variants as culturally-specific approaches rather than generic norms, or which addresses the following:
· imperialism, neo-imperialism, post-imperialism
· colonialism, decolonisation, neo-colonialism, post-colonialism
· sf from the Third World/Developing World/Global South
indigenous, Fourth World and Fourth Cinema sf
· the subaltern
· nationhood, national identity, regional identity
· race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality
· global networks, informational black holes
· borders, borderlands
· homelands, migrations, diasporas
· national, international or transnational contexts of production, distribution or consumption
· specific production cycles
Submissions should be made via our website at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lup-sfftv.
The deadline for submission to this special issue is September 1 2013.